Here are 5 ideas to place an arc floor:
- Over reaching but behind the sofa seating area.
- Over reaching a reading or study area, so save table space of a table lamp.
- Facing a corner to produce light in those darker corners of the room.
- Place the base of the arc floor lamp as close to the wall as possible, preferable right next to, but behind a sofa.
- Place the base of the arc floor lamp in a corner.
Placing an arc floor lamp in a place over reaching but behind the sofa seating area will act as a ‘sun’ above those seating in the seating area, suitable for relaxing activities like reading.
1) Over reaching but behind the sofa seating area
Situating an arc lamp behind the sofa is a clever way to ensure that the base of the arc lamp it not in anyone’s way when waslking around.
It is also in a convenient spot, in case that person wants to turn it on, so they do not have to get up to turn the main light on.
One thing to bare in mind is that it may get in the way of your head when you are getting up. So just make sure it is clear from your head space.
2) Over reaching a reading or study area, so save table space of a table lamp
This is a simple but effective way to make sure you have as much desk space as possible.
It just creates that ideal work space that little more useful.
3) Facing a corner to produce light in those darker corners of the room
This is a clever psychological trick which always works. But of course will only work better when you have other source of lights in the room.
Making sure light touches every corner of your room makes the room brighter and seem a bit larger. Which will help you feel that little more confortable.
4) Place the base of the arc floor lamp as close to the wall as possible, preferable right next to, but behind a sofa
Now this sounds a little similar from the first idea posted above, but it doesn’t have to be behind a sofa. It can easily be anywhere in the room that is up against the wall.
Now, if you are luck enough to have a large living area, then you can probably afford to put your arc lamp somewhere in the middle of the room, next to a piece of furniture.
But you can just as well have an arc lamp in a smaller sized room. They are not only made for big rooms.
Just position it next to a wall!
5) Place the base of the arc floor lamp in a corner
Depending on the design of your arc floor lamp, the corner would be the obvious choice of places to put your arc lamp.
If you have one of those far reaching arc lamps, then the corner is definitely the best place. Again, so that it does not obstruct anybody walking up and down.